2018 Essential Europe (Student Trip)
May 20 – June 6
*Depart U.S. on May 19 for arrival in London on May 20
Tour Operator: AESU – learn more or book online
Price: From $3,898 (Airfare additional)
Tour Length: 19 days (optional 5 day extension to Greece)
View brochure (PDF)
From the pomp and pageantry of London to the snow-capped Austrian Alps; from the glorious art of Florence to the sun-kissed beaches of Greece, Europe’s infinite variety of people, places, and traditions are the perfect setting for a journey that celebrates and educates.
Next to a good education, the best investment in your future is a trip to Europe. Before settling into that new job or graduate school, celebrate your college successes with an unforgettable voyage through nine wondrous countries.
Capture the flavor of the cities and the beauty of the countryside, climb the Eiffel Tower, then bask under the Grecian sun, sample the delicacies and specialties of Germany, England, France, Italy, and Greece – Europe, in all its splendor, awaits.
- Day 1 : Depart U.S.
- Day 2 : London
- Day 3 : London
- Day 4 : London | Paris
- Day 5 : Paris
- Day 6 : Paris
- Day 7 : Paris | Brussels | Amsterdam
- Day 8 : Dutch Countryside
- Day 9 : Cologne | Heidelberg
- Day 10 : Heidelberg | Rothenburg | Munich
- Day 11 : Munich
- Day 12 : Munich | Salzburg
- Day 13 : Austrian Alps
- Day 14 : Austrian Lake District | Venice
- Day 15 : Venice | Florence
- Day 16 : Florence
- Day 17 : Florence | Rome
- Day 18 : Rome | Vatican City
- Day 19 : Rome | Depart for U.S. | Pompeii
- Day 20 (Optional) : Greek Islands
- Day 21 (Optional) : Greek Islands
- Day 22 (Optional) : Greek Islands
- Day 23 (Optional) : Athens
- Day 24 (Optional) : Depart for U.S.
Note: Tour schedule is subject to change due to local conditions. Many excursions in this program involve an element of walking as some of the finest attractions are located in areas not closely accessible by motorcoach.
Join Tar Heel Travel’s listserv, and don’t forget to connect with Tar Heel Travel on Facebook and Twitter.
All 2018 prices and itineraries (including port order) are tentative and subject to change; final pricing adjustments may occur after the release of marketing materials.