Submission Deadline: March 15, 2021
The selection committee will select scholars based on their academic achievement, evidence of community service, leadership qualities and the strength of their essays. The following scholarships will be awarded for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Two (2) $4,000 Julius Peppers scholarships, renewable up to three years
- Four (4) $2,000 LOTH scholarships, renewable up to three years
Points to Remember
- Application deadline: March 15, 2021
- Eligible applicants must be a high school senior who has applied and plans to attend to Carolina in the fall.
- Applicants will be considered for both the Light on the Hill Society and Peppers scholarship (no need to apply for both).
- Be sure to submit the online portion of the application all at one time (do not submit multiple entries).
- Please remind the individual writing your letter to include your full name on the recommendation letter (no form is required for the recommendation letter).
- Only submit one (1) recommendation letter; multiple letters will not be reviewed.
Required Application Components
- Your resume
- Three (3) completed essays
- One (1) letter of recommendation (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transcript; mailed (see address below); or email to email@example.com, if sent by the school counselor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (919) 843-9694
- For Standard Mailing: Attn: Tanea Pettis, GAA/LOTH, PO Box 660, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- For Overnight Mailing: Attn: Tanea Pettis, GAA/Alumni Center, 106 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514