Applications Available: Oct. 15, 2019
Please read the information below before submitting your application online.
Applicants will be evaluated and selected by a selection committee based on their academic achievement, evidence of community service, leadership qualities and the strength of their essays. The following scholarships will be awarded for fall 2020:
- Two (2) $2,000 LOTH Julius Peppers scholarships (renewable up to three years)
- Eight (8) one-time $2,500 LOTH scholarships
Points to Remember
- Deadline:11:59 p.m. (EDT) on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
- Eligible applicants must be a high school senior who has applied and plans to attend to Carolina in the fall.
- Applicants will be considered for both the Light on the Hill Society and Peppers scholarship (no need to apply for both).
- Be sure to submit the online portion of the application all at one time (do not submit multiple entries).
- Please remind the individual writing your letter to include your full name on the recommendation letter (no form is required for the recommendation letter).
- Only submit one (1) recommendation letter; multiple letters will not be reviewed.
The following will be required:
- Your resume
- Three (3) essays
- One (1) letter of recommendation; emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcript; mailed (see address below); or email to email@example.com, if sent by the school counselor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (919) 843-9694
- Standard: Attn: Tanea Pettis, GAA/LOTH, PO Box 660, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Overnight: Attn: Tanea Pettis, GAA/Alumni Center, 106 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Online Application Process
- Opens Oct. 15, 2019