May 11, 2020
At a yet-to-be rescheduled Annual Alumni Luncheon, Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 of Raleigh will be installed as chair of the GAA Board of Directors, succeeding Rich Leonard ’71 of Raleigh. Dana Simpson ’96 of Raleigh...Read More
Jan. 6, 2020
UNC General Alumni Association members have begun casting votes for candidates for the association’s Board of Directors. All GAA members as of Jan. 1, 2020, are eligible and encouraged to vote in each race, including...Read More
May 11, 2019
Rich Leonard ’71 of Raleigh was installed as chair of the GAA Board of Directors at the Annual Alumni Luncheon on Saturday, succeeding L. Ferguson “Ferg” Norton ’61 of Wilmington. Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 of Raleigh is chair-elect. Leonard...Read More
UNC General Alumni Association members have begun casting votes for candidates for the association’s Board of Directors.
All GAA members as of Jan. 1, 2021, are eligible and encouraged to vote in each race, including races representing areas other than those in which the member lives. Members can vote online or by mail. Here’s how:
• If you have an email address on file with the GAA, you should receive an email in early January detailing this option. The email will contain a link allowing for one vote to be cast.
• If you do not have an email address — or you have one, but it’s not in your alumni record — you will be mailed a print ballot.
• Not sure which applies to you? Go to alumni.unc.edu/CheckYourEmail.
• Any member — including those with access to email — can opt to vote using a print ballot if preferred. Print ballots may be requested after Jan. 14 by leaving a voicemail for GAA staff member Susan Stedman at (919) 962-7051; by mail at P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660; or by email at email@example.com.
• The deadline for online voting is 5 p.m. March 31.
• Completed print ballots must be received at the George Watts Hill Alumni Center, P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660 no later than March 31. Facsimile replies are not accepted.
The chair for 2021–22, Dana E. Simpson ’96 (’00 JD), elected last year as chair-elect by the Board of Directors, and those elected from the 2021 ballot are scheduled to assume office at the Annual Alumni Luncheon on Saturday, May 15, 2021, in Chapel Hill. Also, the annual meeting of the General Alumni Association is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. April 8.
These plans are subject to change, depending on the COVID-19 pandemic. Any adjustments will be determined by the board’s Executive Committee.