May 15, 2021
Dana E. Simpson ’96 of Raleigh has taken office as chair of the GAA Board of Directors, succeeding Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 of Raleigh. David C. Keesler ’84 of Charlotte is chair-elect. Officers usually take...Read More
April 30, 2021
The Lt. Col. Bernard W. Dibbert Carolina Covenant for Military Families Scholarship has received a $1 million gift from Vaughn Bryson ’60 and his wife, Nancy Faison Bryson ’60. Vaughn Bryson, who has served on...Read More
UNC General Alumni Association members have begun casting votes for candidates for the association’s Board of Directors.
All GAA members as of Jan. 1, 2021, are eligible and encouraged to vote in each race, including races representing areas other than those in which the member lives. Members can vote online or by mail. Here’s how:
• If you have an email address on file with the GAA, you should have received an email in early January detailing this option. The email contains a link allowing for one vote to be cast.
• If you do not have an email address — or you have one, but it’s not in your alumni record — you will be mailed a print ballot.
• Not sure which applies to you? Go to alumni.unc.edu/CheckYourEmail.
• Any member — including those with access to email — can opt to vote using a print ballot if preferred. Print ballots may be requested by leaving a voicemail for GAA staff member Susan Stedman at (919) 962-7051; by mail at P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660; or by email at email@example.com.
• The deadline for online voting is 5 p.m. March 31.
• Completed print ballots must be received at the George Watts Hill Alumni Center, P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660 no later than March 31. Facsimile replies are not accepted.
The chair for 2021–22, Dana E. Simpson ’96 (’00 JD), elected last year as chair-elect by the Board of Directors, and those elected from the 2021 ballot are scheduled to assume office at the Annual Alumni Luncheon on Saturday, May 15, 2021, in Chapel Hill.
At its meeting Jan. 15, the board’s Executive Committee revised plans for the board’s April meeting. The board plans to meet April 8-9, and the annual meeting of the General Alumni Association is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. April 9, to be held virtually. For details, please contact Susan Stedman as noted above.
These plans are subject to change, depending on the COVID-19 pandemic. Any adjustments will be determined by the board’s Executive Committee.