Your UNC General Alumni Association is pleased to be working with Google Apps for Education to provide a free @alumni.unc.edu email account. This allows Carolina alumni to share an alumni.unc.edu email address with friends and family. This free service is provided as a courtesy for all UNC alumni, current UNC students and associate General Alumni Association members.
Steps to set up an @alumni.unc.edu account
1. Make sure you are registered for the online community. If you are, login to the community and visit your Profile page. If you are not already registered, you must register first.
2. On your Profile Page, towards the bottom you should see:
alumni.unc.edu Gmail EDIT
3. Click on EDIT on the right side of the alumni.unc.edu Gmail box
4. You should see a box where you can enter what you want in front of the @alumni.unc.edu part of your email address.
5. Enter that, and then make sure your “preferred email address” is any address at which you can receive email, because once you hit the SAVE button, you will receive an email message at that address, saying how to activate your new @alumni.unc.edu account. (Do not put your requested XXXX@alumni.unc.edu address in the Preferred Email box)
6. Once you receive the email, follow those instructions to activate your @alumni.unc.edu account.