SAMPLE CHRONOLOGICAL RESUME I
An experienced management consultant with a broad background in multiple industries and business processes. Demonstrated success in business re-engineering, organizational change and information technology. Intensely customer-focused. Exceptional research and communication skills.
|ORION CORPORATION, Philadelphia PA
Provided consulting services on re-engineering, change management and project management to internal clients.
- Integral member of team that implemented a new product development process that reduced cycle time from over one year to six months.
- Guided team on creating organizational commitment to a single standard maintenance process across three nuclear sites saving over $1 million.
- Initiated customer focus groups whose feedback drove changes in a planned technology center so that is better served customer needs.
- Promoted from supporting role to lead consultant in 16 months.
- Recognized for outstanding performance for increasing overall production effficiency.
|HORIZON PRODUCTS, Boston MA
Guided Fortune 500 companies in implementing re-engineering processes. Consulted to ten different industries including consumable products, pharmaceutical, health care, computers, entertainment , utilities and insurance.
- Led a team that redesigned maintenance processes which reduced repair response time from three days to one day and greatly improved customer satisfaction.
- Wrote proposal and led team that redesigned primary care delivery at a leading HMO, using patient interviews to guide process.
- Worked closely with company managers to address cultural issues in their change effort, creating a more inclusive work environment.
- Led team that introduced Point of Sale technology at a major greeting card company, enabling the company to eliminate unprofitable product lines.
|NETWORK SOFTWARE, Atlanta GA
Developed software application and training for Fortune 500 clients.
- Interviewed key customers to identify critical design features and developed turn-key applications which generated new revenue stream.
- Created database to identify which software applications sold best in each industry, enabling sales people to target their marketing efforts.
- Developed custom software application for publishing database, inventory management and accounts receivable/payable.
|WARWICK COMPANY, New York NY
Manager, Information Systems
Recruited out of business school and promoted to manager within one year.
- Created user-friendly Executive Information System for division president enabling him to directly access key information for the first time.
- Analyzed credit card usage to identify new market opportunities that resulted in new services for card members.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
|MS, Management, University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 1984
BA, University of North Carolina
Graduated Cum Laude
Chapel Hill, NC 1979