Harvey E. Beech Outstanding Senior Award
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018
In 1997 Harvey E. Beech ’52, Carolina’s first African-American graduate, made a monetary gift to the UNC Black Alumni Reunion. The result of this gift was the creation of the Harvey E. Beech Outstanding Senior Award. This award recognizes an African-American graduating senior who has excelled academically, displayed outstanding leadership abilities and has been a pillar within the campus community.
- Deadline: Sunday, Oct. 14, 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
- Interview Notification: Wednesday, Oct. 18 (via email)
- Semi-Finalist Interviews: Monday, Oct. 22 and Tuesday, Oct. 23 (time frame will be 6 – 9 p.m.)
- Finalists Notification: Wednesday, Oct. 24
- Winner Notification: Thursday, Nov. 1 (during BAR Student Alumni Dinner)
- Must submit a completed application, electronically, by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on Sunday, Oct. 14.
- Must have senior standing (class of 2019)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate for the fall 2018
- Must be on track to graduate in the fall 2018, spring or summer 2019.
- If notified, must attend a 20-minute interview (see timeline above).
- If selected as a finalist, must attend the 2018 Student Alumni Dinner (see timeline above).
- Nominations are not accepted for this award. Students must apply to be considered.
- The BAR Student Engagement Committee, alumni and staff members will review all applications and will determine which applicants to interview; not all applicants will be granted an interview.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to attend one 20-minute interview with the committee. Interviews will be held on Monday, Oct. 22 and Tuesday, Oct. 23
- If you cannot attend this interview date due to a work or school obligation, please send an email immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if rescheduling is possible.
- Finalists will be selected from the interview round with the award winner being named during the Student Alumni Dinner on Thursday, Nov. 1.
- Submit your application today.
- Email Rachel Tates ’15, BAR Student Engagement Chair, at email@example.com