Oct. 11, 2020
On Sunday, as part of a two-day University Day observance, Kevin Guskiewicz took the public oath that officially installed him as 12th chancellor of the University, the job he already had been doing for nearly 20 months,...Read More
Sept. 18, 2020
Kevin Guskiewicz will be installed as 12th chancellor of the University on Sunday, Oct. 11, as part of a two-day University Day observance. This 3 p.m. event will be aired on the University’s YouTube channel...Read More
A celebration for the class of 2020 — whose Commencement was diminished by the COVID-19 pandemic — is scheduled for Oct. 9-10.
Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz told the class members last week that the majority of respondents to a survey did not want a 2020 Commencement experience to be packaged with that of the class of 2021.
And the University said: We hear you.
“We promise that your weekend this fall — a historic first on our campus — will be worth the long wait you have endured for one more special Carolina experience with your classmates, families and loved ones,” Guskiewicz said.
Among the festivities are:
• Special recognition throughout the football game vs. Florida State — the game will be dedicated to the class;
• A football watch-party experience (a limited number of game tickets will be made available);
• The GAA’s traditional Bell Tower Climb;
• A special Taste of Chapel Hill food truck dine-around;
• The GAA’s traditional Champagne Toast; and
• A tassel-turning ceremony in Kenan Stadium on Sunday.