May 11, 2020
At a yet-to-be rescheduled Annual Alumni Luncheon, Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 of Raleigh will be installed as chair of the GAA Board of Directors, succeeding Rich Leonard ’71 of Raleigh. Dana Simpson ’96 of Raleigh...Read More
May 11, 2019
Rich Leonard ’71 of Raleigh was installed as chair of the GAA Board of Directors at the Annual Alumni Luncheon on Saturday, succeeding L. Ferguson “Ferg” Norton ’61 of Wilmington. Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 of Raleigh is chair-elect. Leonard...Read More
UNC General Alumni Association members have begun casting votes for candidates for the association’s Board of Directors.
All GAA members as of Jan. 1, 2020, are eligible and encouraged to vote in each race, including races representing areas other than those in which the member lives. Members can vote online or by mail. Here’s how:
• If you have an email address on file with the GAA, you should have received an email message in early January detailing this option. Your email message will contain a link allowing for one vote to be cast.
• If you do not have an email address — or you have one, but it’s not in your alumni record — you will be mailed a print ballot.
• Not sure which applies to you? Go to alumni.unc.edu/CheckYourEmail.
• Any member — including those with access to email — can continue to vote using a print ballot if preferred. Print ballots may be requested after Jan. 20 by contacting Paula Poe ’89 on the GAA staff by phone at (919) 962-7051; by mail at P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The deadline for online voting is 5 p.m. March 31.
• Completed print ballots must be received at the George Watts Hill Alumni Center, P.O. Box 660, Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514-0660 no later than March 31. Facsimile replies are not accepted.
The chair for 2019-20, Jill Silverstein Gammon ’70 (’72 MSW), who was elected last year as chair-elect by the Board of Directors, and those elected from the 2020 ballot assume office at the Annual Alumni Luncheon in Chapel Hill on Saturday, May 9.
In accordance with the General Alumni Association’s constitution and bylaws, the GAA’s Executive Committee will meet virtually on April 17 and take necessary actions.