Welcome Home to The University of North Carolina
The deadline to register for the Class of 2020 Commencement Weekend was Oct. 1, 2021. Pre-registration was required for the pre-Commencement activities. Registration is now closed.
You and your guests are welcome to attend the Commencement Ceremony in Kenan Stadium on Sunday, October 10 at 1 p.m. Tickets are not required to attend the ceremony and graduates can visit the Class of 2020 Commencement Weekend website for additional information.
Important Information for attendance at the Class of 2020 Commencement
- Graduates who need accommodations for seating for themselves or their guests should email email@example.com.
Commencement Ceremony Information
- The ceremony will take place on Sunday, Oct. 10 at 1 p.m. in Kenan Memorial Stadium (rain or shine) and will last 1-1.5 hours.
- In the event of severe weather, the ceremony will be canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- The ceremony will also be livestreamed and viewing information is also posted on the Commencement website.
- The digital program is available here.
- Mirroring May Commencement protocols, graduates will not walk across the stage and names will not be called.
- Roy Williams ’72 (’73 MAT) will serve as the keynote speaker for your Commencement celebration. A two-time Carolina alumnus, he led the men’s basketball team to three NCAA championships during his 18 year tenure.
When and Where to Arrive
- Graduate check in starts at 12 p.m. in the Loudermilk parking lot. This small lot is located just below the Loudermilk Center for Excellence.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- If you arrive after 1 p.m., you may be asked to wait until the platform party is seated before entering the stadium.
- Graduates will walk through the tunnels and be seated on the field as soon as they arrive.
- There will be no processional for graduates and seating is first come, first served.
- Please arrive with those that you’d like to sit with during the ceremony.
Commencement Guest Information
- Gates open at 12 p.m.
- The ceremony is open to guests of the Class of 2020.
- Tickets are not required, and guests are currently not limited.
- Guest seating will be located on the North side of the stadium only (Gates 1-3).
After the Ceremony
- Graduates will be asked to exit the stadium through the stands as soon as the ceremony is over.
- Please decide on a meeting place with your guests outside the stadium.
- Keeping people safe in the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic requires all members of the Carolina community to do their part to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- We are taking necessary precautions consistent with all University, state and CDC guidance to encourage as responsible and safe of a Commencement as possible. As a condition of your attendance, your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Guests must follow all of the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards, including but not limited to:
- Wearing masks. Masks are strongly recommended while outdoors and required while inside any University buildings, including elevators, public transportation and other indoor spaces.
- Monitoring your symptoms prior to coming to campus and remaining at home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Our plans are contingent on current public health guidance and policies. You can do your part to help stop the spread of the virus by getting vaccinated. This will go a long way in ensuring we all stay safe. The Class of 2020 Commencement ceremony may be altered or canceled to adhere to all University, state or CDC guidance.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.