2019 Late Night With Roy
Friday, Sept. 27 | 8 p.m. | Dean E. Smith Center
Late Night With Roy serves as the annual season tipoff for Carolina Basketball. This will be the first opportunity for alumni and Tar Heels of all ages to see Coach Williams and the Tar Heels as they begin the 2019-20 season. Activities will include basketball skills challenges, dances and fun while culminating in the men’s Blue White intrasquad scrimmage.
A pair of Tar Heels will host the evening’s festivities: former UNC soccer and current United States World Cup gold medal-winning goalie Ashlyn Harris ’09 and CNN’s Brooke Baldwin ’01.
While supplies last, fan giveaways will include Utz chips and chip clips, LED batons and roll-up banners, as well opportunities to win one of three $100 gift card from Dunkin Donuts.
This event is free and open to all alumni and fans. However, approximately 950 lower-level seats have been reserved exclusively for GAA members.
- Clear bag policy (please read)
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Activities begin at 8 p.m.
- Unless otherwise noted, seating is open.
- ACCN Extra will live stream this event.
- Carolina Basketball Museum Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
GAA Member Reserved Seating
- The GAA section will be reserved until 8 p.m., the start of Late Night festivities.
- The GAA reserved section pass distribution will only take place at Entrance C and will begin at 5 p.m.
- Distribution of passes to sit in the reserve section will take place as long as the section has space or until 8 p.m.
- Seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. There are NO assigned seats.
- GAA members must show their GAA member card to receive a reserve section pass.
- The reserve section pass is for the GAA sections only (sections will be printed on the passes).
- The reserve section pass will allow you access to the GAA reserved sections, but it’s open seating within the section (no assigned individual seats).
- Once you enter the Smith Center pick your seat and take it.
- Each GAA member may receive a reserve section pass for themselves, one (1) adult guest plus any children under the age of 18.
- Only individuals with reserve section passes will be allowed seating in the reserved member section. To ensure all seats are utilized, “saving seats” is not allowed.
- GAA and Smith Center staff will be inside to assist you in locating the GAA section.
GAA Member Card
- To verify your membership, show us your digital membership card, via the UNC Alumni App. Don’t have it? Download it today.
- You can also show us a hard copy of your membership card.
- Not yet a GAA member? Join on the UNC Alumni app for instant membership access or join online and allow one day for your membership to be processed.
- Public parking and accessibility information
- Tar Heel Express Shuttles
- Please note that there are no restroom facilities available until you are allowed to enter the Smith Center.
This event is produced and managed by the Department of Athletics. | Images courtesy of goheels.com