2017 Late Night With Roy
Friday, Oct. 13 · Dean E. Smith Center
Late Night With Roy will serve as the official tip-off of the 2017-18 basketball season and the first chance to see the new first-year class in action. This event is open to all alumni and fans. However, approximately 1,000 lower-level seats have been reserved exclusively for GAA members.
Highlighting the evening will be the unveiling of the 2017 NCAA championship banner. Former National Player of the Year, two-time NBA champion and current Turner Sports analyst, Kenny Smith ’87, will host the evening.
- Doors open at 4 p.m.
- Women’s volleyball will face Virginia Tech at 5 p.m.
- Late Night festivities will begin at the conclusion of the volleyball game.
- Unless otherwise noted, seating is open.
- NEW: The clear bag policy implemented at Kenan Stadium this fall has also been implemented for events at the Smith Center (view information).
GAA Member Reserved Seating
- The GAA section will be reserved until the start of Late Night festivities.
- GAA reserved section ticket distribution will only take place at Entrance C.
- Seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- GAA members must show their GAA member card to receive a reserve section ticket.
- The reserve section ticket is for the GAA sections only (locations will be printed on the ticket). It will allow you access to our reserved sections, but it’s open seating within the section (no assigned individual seats).
- Each GAA member may receive a reserve section ticket for themselves, one (1) adult guest plus any children under the age of 18.
- Only individuals with reserve section ticket will be allowed seating in the reserved member section. To ensure all seats are utilized, “saving seats” is not allowed.
- GAA and Smith Center staff will be inside to assist you in locating the GAA section.
GAA Member Card
- Need your member card? Login to print a temporary member card that can be used only for Late Night With Roy.
- Not yet a GAA member? Join today and take advantage of this member- exclusive seating. Please allow one day for your membership to be processed. You can then login to print your temporary member card that can be used only for Late Night with Roy.
Parking and Additional Information
- Public parking information
- Accessibility information
- Concessions and general fan merchandise will be available for purchase.
- Please note that there are no restroom facilities available until you are allowed to enter the Smith Center.
This event is managed by the Department of Athletics.